Vacancy: F & B Control / Purchasing Trainee
The Harbour Club stands for ultimate and pure enjoyment. A unique concept with national fame and international allure. A sparkling atmosphere, the 'top notch styled' interior and exceptionally fantastic food. We are proud of that! At The Harbour Club you've come to the right place if you love high quality cooking with an eye for detail, but still original and a bit headstrong. On the menu you will find the best meat from the Josper grill, fish & seafood, crackling fresh oysters and delectable sushi and sashimi. Every guest deserves a special experience and that's what we strive for every day. We do that with the best dishes and scrumptious drinks, but certainly also a bit of entertainment. We won't settle for anything less than excellent service!
The Harbour Club is looking for an intern who has an eye for detail and loves numbers! The Harbour Club has 6 unique catering establishments throughout Leiden. Your work will mainly take place at the head office in Leiden.
What will you do?
During this internship, we offer you the opportunity to work on your personal learning goals. We like to involve you in our daily work so that you can learn from the professionals around you. We do this by, for example, taking you to suppliers as part of negotiations, contract renewal or relationship management. You will also be given a lot of responsibility within different projects.
Projects you can work on include:
- Initiating "standard operating procedures" (SOP) for the purpose of controlling cash and commodity flows and ensuring compliance with these SOPs.
- Reporting to board and restaurant management including gross margin p/product, mix effects, category analyses and inventory management
- Analysis of supplier statistics for purposes of annual interviews
- Bonus calculations for the purpose of rebates (January-February)
- Liaise with supplier regarding purchase statistics, pricing arrangements, promotional activities and possible operational challenges
Who are you?
You are a college student with a good knowledge of computer programs such as Word and Excel and have an affinity with numbers. You are eager to learn, enthusiastic, reliable and have a strong sense of quality and service.
Does this vacancy appeal to you, but do you still have questions? Please ask Sarah via email@example.com
Of course, you can also apply directly. In that case, please send your resume and cover letter addressed to Sarah firstname.lastname@example.org or respond via the application form below. We will contact you as soon as possible!
© THC 2021