Vacancy: District runner Eindhoven
In the district runner position at The Harbour Club, you will be responsible for all common F&B duties within the restaurant. You will assist the department head/supervisor in training and supervising new employees. You will work efficiently and professionally and have a positive attitude where superior service is paramount.
This job description is only a summary of associated duties, but it is by no means a comprehensive list. It is only a general guideline for the expected duties of the position as a district runner within The Harbour Club.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Make sure you act as an ambassador for The Harbour Club by accurately providing guests with accurate information regarding events, menus, prices and the like
- You have a thorough knowledge of the menu and master the required table preparations.
- Ensures that all food and beverages are served according to corresponding guidelines, observing position numbers so that the guest is not unnecessarily disturbed
- Knowledge of business rules and frameworks of the business formula.
- Organizes and prioritizes service according to proper service sequence
- Maintain overview and control by circulating through the work area during the shift and anticipating guest requests.
- Responds appropriately to any guest complaints and corrects and resolves errors with a professional and positive attitude.
- Compliance with safety, occupational health and safety, HACCP regulations
- Ensures a professional, neat and tidy appearance that meets company standards
- Records and reports all equipment defects and or safety hazards immediately to management.
- Reports any missing products in inventory management
Work on the floor
- Perform work related to preparation of service such as for example; taking care of mise-en-place, setting and preparing tables etc. tidying/cleaning up public and work areas.
- Presents the menu and then takes correct orders and enters them quickly and accurately with a handheld device
- Taking orders, explaining menu items or advising guests on their beverage and menu choices
- Creating your own customized menu if desired by the guest
- Supervises new employees, interns and/or buddies during the shift
- If necessary, preparing simple orders yourself, such as special coffees, mixed drinks and the like
- Taking care of the guest so that they stay in the restaurant with a pleasant feeling, feel at home and then leave with a positive and satisfied feeling.
- Processing guest payments and using proper procedures when it comes to accepting gift cards, credit cards and contact money.
- Control, account for and store/deposit receipts
- Ensures complete and accurate checkout procedures
- Notifies management of any complaint, comment or incident
- Reports incidents of theft, vandalism or violations immediately to management
- Consulting the manager or the kitchen brigade in the event of exceptional requests from guests
- Opening and closing the company using the checklists provided for this purpose
- Ensures daily, weekly checklists are checked and closure tasks are completed
- Assists and/or completes additional business assigned by management
In addition to the above job requirements, the following competencies are highly valued:
- Anticipatory capacity
- Stress management
- Communication skills
- Team Player
- Working together
- Strong multitasking skills
- Proactive result and solution-oriented attitude
- Representative appearance
- Minimum of two years work experience in similar operational F&B department
- Good knowledge of cash register systems
- MBO level 3 working and thinking level;
- Understanding of safety and social hygiene regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in both Dutch and English languages
- Team player with good communication skills
- Ensures the quality of service and hospitality to which our guests are accustomed
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English and preferably a third language.
- Proactively selling restaurant products
- Ability to listen empathetically and always be respectful
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while remaining calm and focused
- Ability to work in a team, stay organized and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to make accurate decisions
- Ability to move through the restaurant effectively and efficiently
- Extraverted personality, warm and friendly, shows enthusiasm and professionalism
- The position requires experience in serving guests
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills are important to properly interact with colleagues, guests and supervisors.
- The position requires flexibility in terms of working Sundays and holidays and working irregular shifts
- The position requires enthusiasm and perseverance
There is an opportunity for a district runner to advance to first assistant operation or supervisor. To achieve this, however, he/she will have to haggle for full-time employment as well as show a lot of initiative, perseverance, enthusiasm and business knowledge.
The Harbour Club's goal is crystal clear: Every guest should leave the restaurant 100% satisfied and looking back on his/her visit with pleasure. This is achieved with the help of more than four hundred inspired employees. Service with a genuine smile! Whichever restaurant or event you choose, The Harbour Club stands for quality and hospitality.