Vacancy: Apprentice cook Eindhoven
As an apprentice chef, you will be part of the kitchen brigade. You will be responsible for taking an ongoing inventory of ingredients to ensure nothing runs out. This includes cutting vegetables, preparing side dishes, mice and place work, etc. You will work in support of the kitchen brigade and jump in as needed.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Basic knowledge of products/ingredients and menu composition
- Basic knowledge of cooking techniques
- Knowledge of company rules, guidelines and relevant laws and regulations
- Receiving, checking and storing ordered food and other items
- Assess quality of products/ingredients to be used (freshness, shelf life, etc.), prepare tools
- Ensuring compliance with safety, health and safety, HACCP and work and presentation (house style) regulations.
Work on the floor
- Cleans and dispenses products
- Performs basic preparations
- Prepares dishes and components
- Support the independent working chefs or sous chef in the preparation of dishes
- Performs preparations according to recipe.
- Performs preparations according to work order.
- Performing à la minute cooking tasks
- Cutting, washing, weighing and preparing products according to recipe
- Applying kitchen techniques (cleaning, cutting, dividing, mincing)
- Cleaning the workplace and correctly closing the work shift.
- Assisting in receiving and storing delivered products and other work as directed by supervisor
- Completion of HACCP lists
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen areas and work environment, machinery and tools
- Reports major and serious defects and/or malfunction to Chef
- Uses maintenance schedules
In addition to the above job requirements, the following competencies are highly valued:
- Anticipatory capacity
- Stress resistant
- Communication skills
- Team Player
- Representative appearance
- You are pursuing a hotel or hospitality degree
- 2+ years of experience in food preparation
- High school diploma
- Understanding of safety and social hygiene regulations
- Minimum age 17 years old
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in both Dutch and English languages
- Team player with good communication skills
- Able to follow instructions and work as part of a team
- Listens intensively
- Work according to established agreements in the company
- Asks questions in a focused and correct manner
- Ability to stay calm and stay focused
- Being comfortable in a hurried and fast-paced environment
- Provide a professional, neat and tidy appearance that meets company standards
- Works according to established work method.
Of course there is the possibility to grow as an apprentice to independent working cook. There is plenty of room within the company for your own initiative and creativity. By first spending a period as an apprentice, gaining knowledge and experience in practice, the step to a higher position will be a lot easier.